Torreoscura (EN) [C64 & Oric]
A downloadable game
My life was endless hours and more hours of work, with an urgent need for free time and lack of rest, where routine was the result of every step I took and I was pigeonholed, going around in the same loop, until almost touching background... ... and this year, no matter what happened, I had proposed to go anywhere, without a specific destination but far from civilization or, at least, from what surrounded my day to day.
By chance of fate, a letter came to me from a remote town, Torreoscura, of which I had never heard. The sender was an old classmate, a boy named Marc and with whom I shared a couple of years at the desk until he left school for some reason that I still do not know. On several occasions I met his sister, Karla, a couple of years older than him and with whom he got along wonderfully well. After both of them left, I never heard from them again and my surprise was to receive her invitation, as pleasant as it was strange at the same time.
So I made the preparations and left, without thinking twice, with a destination almost chosen at random and hoping that benevolence would travel with me and compensate for the shortage of time for myself. I only asked for a few days of escape that were pleasantly awaited and I think deserved.
And without anticipating the path that you yourself must undertake towards Torreoscura, with its hazards and fatalities, which I never thought or would have imagined would happen, took over my life and here now I am, isolated from the world and where I can only hope that someone will come and take me out of this eternal loneliness and the curse that bites and lengthens every moment in my life as it withers it with relentless speed.
How to play:
We are in front of a classical text adventure. The keyboard is the means with which we must carry out our actions and the game will place us in the vicinity of Torreoscura. The text will tell us what happens and we must find out what is hidden behind all this mystery.
- To move through the mapping we can use the cardinal points, N, S, E, W, UP or DOWN. We can also do it with: GO + DESTINATION, such as GO CHURCH.
- To perform the actions we have to use VERB + OBJECT. An example would be OPEN UMBRELLA or GET BOOK.
- The most common verbs are: GET, TAKE, SPEAK, OPEN, CLOSE, USE, GO, PUSH, PULL, GIVE, WAIT, UP, DOWN, EXAMINE ...
- To end the game: END.
- To pass / wait a turn: WAIT.
- To see the credits: INFO.
- To view the help screen: HELP.
- To record a game to disk or tape: SAVE.
- To load a game from disk or tape: LOAD.
- To re-describe a screen: LOOK or R.
- To examine an object: BROWSE or EX.
- Use a Disc Drive or Datassete to save your game.
The credits of the game:
- Idea & Story: Bieno
- C64 Version: Bieno
- ORIC Version: Bieno + Chema Enguita + DOM
- Loading Picture: R. International
- Ingame Pictures: Bieno
- Music: Baron Ashler
- Extra Code: Karmic
- Testing: Rockersuke + Miguel Sky + Nich Campbell
- Cartridge & tape cover & inlays: Errazking + Josepzin
- Link to the game at Commodore Plus
- Link to the game at CSDb
- Versions for ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, MS DOS, Amstrad PCW and MSX at THIS link.
© Commodore Plus 2019/21
|Tags||Commodore 64, oric, Text based|
The D64 file can be run on a Commodore 64 or use an emulator: VICE
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Text adventures haven't been my sort of game for a long period of time. I've always disliked them. Although I do admit I wrote my own adventures, which are very silly and bad using G.A.C back in the late 1990s.
I saw this graphics and text adventure and I have to say "well done". The game has some nice music, and you guys have done a good job making this game successful.
It was the work of the whole team that made it possible